What are dermal fillers?
Our injectors use a range of hyaluronic-acid based fillers in clinic. Dermal fillers can provide different outcomes, varying from hydration, addressing volume loss, creating definition & structure, and stimulating collagen production.
FAQs About Dermal Filler
Dermal fillers are injectable medications that can be used to add volume to the face, create structure and shape, and improve facial symmetry.
In Australia, injectable treatments must be performed by a qualified medical practitioner. Like other medical procedures, there are risks involved with dermal filler; largely bruising, swelling, and redness. These effects are temporary. It is important to keep the treated area clean and avoid excess sweating for 24 hours to prevent infection.
Dermal fillers offer a number of benefits, including:
- They can be used to treat a wide range of concerns, including loss of volume, structure & definition, hydration and can also promote collagen production.
- They are minimally invasive and can provide immediate results.
- The results of dermal fillers can last for several months or even years.
There are a number of different types of dermal fillers available, each with its own unique properties and benefits. The most common type of dermal filler are hyaluronic acid (HA) based fillers. HA fillers are temporary and can typically last from 4 to 18 months depending on the type of filler used, environmental factors and the patient’s metabolism. Other types of dermal fillers include poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA) fillers and calcium hydroxyapatite (CaHA) fillers. PLLA and CaHA fillers are more permanent and can last for up to 3 years.
The cost of dermal fillers in Australia varies depending on the type of filler used, the amount of filler needed, and the provider.
When choosing an injector for dermal fillers, it is important to select someone who is qualified and experienced. You should also make sure that the injector uses only high-quality dermal fillers that have been approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA).
Here are some additional tips for considering dermal fillers in Australia:
- It is imperative for patients when seeking out a practitioner that they have the same aesthetic ideals. Injectors can have very different styles and methods. An ideal aesthetic outcome for one practitioner may differ from another completely. Going for initial consultations and meeting the injector face-to-face is essential, as this allows for a better understanding of their philosophy and if you feel comfortable under their care.
- We also always recommend doing your research, social media allows for a glimpse into a clinic. Your version of ’natural’ may be entirely different to a practitioners version of ’natural’, hence why all of the above are important to take into consideration.
- Discuss your expectations with your injector before your treatment. Be sure to express your concerns and goals so that your injector can develop a customised treatment plan for you.
- Follow your injector’s post-treatment instructions carefully to minimise the risk of side effects.
Benefits of dermal fillers
Dermal filler prices
Contact us to find out our prices for dermal fillers in Sydney
Book a Consultation
Experience dermal filler with Injxu Cosmetics.