Ageing is a natural part of life...
…but it doesn’t have to mean that your skin has to lose its glow. At our Sydney Clinic, we offer a range of treatments to help you address the visible signs of ageing, such as wrinkles, fine lines, sagging skin, and hyperpigmentation.
FAQs about ageing skin
The most common signs of ageing skin include wrinkles, fine lines, sagging skin, hyperpigmentation, and dry skin.
Ageing skin is caused by a combination of factors, including:
- Natural ageing: As we age, our bodies produce less collagen and elastin, which are the proteins that give skin its structure and elasticity. This can lead to wrinkles, fine lines, and sagging skin.
- Sun damage: Sun exposure is one of the leading causes of premature ageing skin. The sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays can damage collagen and elastin, as well as DNA.
- Smoking: Smoking damages collagen and elastin, which can lead to premature ageing skin.
- Dehydration: Dry skin is more likely to develop wrinkles and fine lines.
- Poor diet: A diet that is low in nutrients and high in processed foods can contribute to ageing skin.
There are a number of things you can do to prevent ageing skin, including:
- Wear sunscreen every day: Sunscreen is the most important thing you can do to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays. Choose a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher and apply it liberally to all exposed skin, including your face, neck, and ears.
- Avoid smoking: Smoking damages collagen and elastin, which can lead to premature ageing skin.
- Eat a healthy diet: A healthy diet provides your skin with the nutrients it needs to stay healthy and youthful. Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking plenty of water helps to keep your skin hydrated and plump.
- Use a moisturiser: Moisturising your skin helps to keep it hydrated and protected. Look for a moisturiser that contains hyaluronic acid and ceramides.
Treatments for ageing skin
Anti-wrinkle medication aids in reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines by temporarily relaxing the muscles that cause this movement.
Fillers can be used to replace lost volume that occurs with ageing.
Wrinkles and Fine Lines
Wrinkles and fine lines are common signs of ageing…
Sagging Skin and Jowls
The volume in our face starts to diminish…
Book an Appointment
Experience the Full Face Approach at Injxu Cosmetics.